To vote or not to vote? This remains a critical question for some. And for some, the answer still remains; they will not vote.
The countdown to voting and results is now a matter of days away. Over the last few weeks building up to these two critical days, campaigning by political parties has taken place amid sustained protests by voters across the country. The build up to elections has also been characterized by voters’ threats to boycott the election.
Local Voices reporter Siya Motha takes us through some of the community protests reported to have taken place across South Africa. The following package was made possible by reporters from the following community radio stations;
- Alex FM in Gauteng province,
- Inanda FM in KwaZulu-Natal province,
- Makhado FM in Limpopo province,
- Nqubeko FM in KwaZulu-Natal provice,
- Sekhukhune FM in Limpopo province,
- Star FM in North West province,
- Vibe FM in KwaZulu-Natal province and
- Vhembe FM in Limpopo province.