Judgement has been reserved in the Garden Route beaches’ court case.
The High Court in Cape Town heard the matter on Monday.
The Democratic Alliance wants the beaches reopened.
The official opposition party wants the government to find a way to balance saving lives and livelihoods.
AfriForum and the Great Brak Business Forum’s urgent application on the matter will meanwhile be heard in the High Court in Pretoria on Tuesday. So will the Kouga Municipality’s challenge to have the ban on the beaches in the Eastern Cape overturned.
Government has said it won’t give in to the pressure that seeks to divert it from its primary goal of protecting the lives of South Africans and avoiding overwhelming the country’s healthcare system.
It says the stringent COVID-19 regulations are temporary and will be reviewed from time to time.
The ban on some beaches was announced by President Cyril Ramaphosa last week.
Government says the move is aimed at slowing down the spread of coronavirus infections as South Africa grapples with a resurgence of cases.
On Monday, the country reported 8 789 news infections – taking the total t0 930 711.
216 South Africans succumbed to the disease overnight – taking the number of fatalities to 24 907.
Most of the fatalities are from the Eastern Cape.