Prince Ndlovu’s case will return to court on 21 January 2021.
It has been postponed yet again for further investigations.
The 25-year-old taxi driver is accused of killing 18-year-old Nkosi who was a learner at the East Bank High School at the time of her passing.
Her body was found with bullet wounds in September near the Jukskei River Park in West bank.
The National Prosecuting Authority (NPA) in Gauteng believes it has a strong case against Ndlovu.
Spokesperson Phindi Njonondwane has previously told reporters that “the suspect did not apply for bail instead he has applied for legal aid assistance in the matter.”
She says investigations continue to establish whether he has committed other crimes.
Police have also said they have strong evidence linking the Zimbabwean national to Nkosi’s murder.
Different community organisations were picketing outside court on Wednesday, demanding that the accused be remanded in custody.
Others are not happy with the case’s constant postponements.
“Why did they keep on postponing the case because there is clear evidence that Prince killed Jabulile?” asked one picketer.